Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Prayer Update

I first want to thank you for your prayers. It is so nice to have others praying for you when, at times, you feel you have prayed yourself out and don't even know what else to pray for. I "hit the wall" several times this week in my prayer life when it came to praying for myself, so I turned my focus to praying for many of you and your needs. It's amazing how many needs there are out there without even focusing on myself and my own situation. It really does lift your spirits when you can pray for some else and forget about yourself for a little while.

Anyway, we had our 4th ultrasound of this pregnancy yesterday and our prayers have been answered. No baby yet...(that is still a huge prayer), but everything is looking great. The placenta has a little breakdown, but nothing that isn't typical for it's gestational age. There is plenty of amniotic fluid and the baby's heartrate is back into the 140's where it had been running the entire pregnancy. They are guessing that it weighs about 8-1/2 lbs at this point, has long legs, and chubby cheeks. Hopefully it will come in the next few days as not to gain too much more weight!!!

I am having stronger contractions, but still no pain or consistency with them. Believe it or not, my new mantra is "bring on the pain!" I have another appointment on Tuesday (should the baby continue in hiding until then), so I will post another update on our family blog with the results.

Thanks so much for your continued prayers...they are still needed!

1 comment:

Ruth Carr said...

Just want you to know that I'm praying for you and Josiah. Just want that baby to come soon! Take it easy. They don't stay in there forever! :) Easy for me to say.