Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Please pray for Baby Charlie!

I would like to ask you all to please be praying for Baby Charlie. I know there is a lot of "medical jargon" in here or TMI for some of you guys, but some of you like to know what's happening so I included it all...

At my appointment today, the baby's heart rate is considerably lower than what it has been running and is low enough that the midwife thinks I need to be delivered in the next few days. She isn't able to confirm it but believes that the placenta is getting too old to be supporting the baby for an extended period of time.

If I don't go into labor on my own with the few things she did today, then I will have to have another ultrasound on Friday to check the placenta and amniotic fluid. I will be evaluated further after getting those results.

I am just praying that I will go into labor on my own in the next day or two, in hopes to avoid having to go the hospital.

No comments: