Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A positive outlook!

I don't usually get on this blog and simply write my thoughts...which I guess that is the definition of a blog, but yesterday the Lord really spoke to me and I thought I would share.

As most of you know, I am on day four of being past my due date to have Baby Charlie. The last few weeks have been a roller-coaster ride of emotions ranging from being patient and wanting God's timing, to begging God to let me deliver, to tears of frustration from the pain and discomfort I am temporarily experiencing. If you have ever had the pleasure of waiting and waiting for a baby to decide it's time to be born, you know exactly where I am coming from.

I have had good days and bad days, but it always seems that my good days are brought down by other people's negative comments to me. At first I didn't realize how much all of the "Oh, you look miserable", or "When is that baby going to come...you're huge", or "You poor thing" comments were affecting my mood towards the entire situation. I know there are so many people that are really excited to hear the good news that the baby is born, so I know all of the comments are not meant to bring me down. However, I have really allowed them to cloud my mind and believe everything that the people are saying, rather than continue being content in state of waiting.

The Lord brought this verse to me in a devotional yesterday and it really changed my attitude. I have found that every time I started feeling sorry for myself, I would read it and instantly my spirits were lifted and I felt renewed.

The passage is found in Phil. 4:6-7... "Be anxious for nothing (stop worrying Katie and wait patiently), but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving (continue praying and thanking God for all your millions of blessings), let your requests be made known to God (yes Lord, I REALLY would like to deliver this baby); and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding (His plan really is better than mine, we both know it), will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (So sit back and enjoy the ride!)

Anyways, I hope you all are having as blessed of a day as I am. I have an appointment today with my midwife so hopefully all will continue to be good news!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hey Katie, as I was reading your blog the other day, I wanted to leave you something encouraging, but wasn't sure what to say until this morning. This only applies if you haven't had the baby yet, but since there is no new blog post, I'll assume you haven't. I just wanted to let you know that I prayed for you this morning and was asking God to show me some verse that might encourage you. The verse that came to mind was Isaiah 40:31. "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." You know that I have NO idea what it's like to be past my due date. I know how uncomfortable pregnancy was, but nothing like what you are going through. I'm sure you are tired though and I just thought that the mental picture of a pregnant woman soaring on the wings of an eagle was not only funny, but just the kind of strength that only God could give. Hang in there; you are doing a great job!