Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

More Prayer Needed

Well, we are in need of prayer again, so I am sharing this to ask for you to be praying with us. Earlier this week, I noticed a small bald spot on the top of Hannah's head. I thought that maybe she had pulled her ponytail holder out and ripped out the hair, but it was very smooth so I wasn't really sure. I tried to cover it up for several days, hoping no one would ask me why she has a bald spot, since I really had no explanation. I am so blessed to have so many friends in the medical field and was able to ask Kyle, who is PA in a Dermatology office. She recognized it right away as Alopecia Areata. She said that it can spread and lead to full baldness if left untreated. The treatment would be a few injections in the affected area. I am really upset about this, especially since Hannah had such a hard time with passing out and vomitting after having her blood drawn last week. She is such a sweetie and I hate to have to put through that pain.

My plan for now is to wait a few weeks, and pray earnestly that the Lord would heal her without have to get the injections. Even this morning, just hours after I learned her diagnosis, I noticed a few new hairs growing in the bald spot. Please pray with us that the Lord will work a miracle and she will be healed. I truly believe He has the power! Thanks All!

No comments: